DTZ Sweden is the first international real-estate adviser in Sweden with an environmental management system that is ISO 14001 certified.
DTZ Sweden recognizes that its business activities directly and indirectly impact the environment. It is our intention to operate our business in a manner sensitive to the environment, conserve natural resources, reduce waste, reduce our carbon footprint, and prevent pollution to land, water and air. DTZ Sweden regards the promotion of an environmental strategy as a key element in operating a successful business. DTZ Sweden appreciates that it has a responsibility to work mutually with internal and external stakeholders to deliver continual improvements in environmental performance.
How we ensure that our environmental objectives are met
To ensure that these objectives are met, DTZ Sweden will:
- implement all reasonable measures to comply with relevant environmental legislation and other requirements.
- strive to make continual improvements in environmental performance, including the establishment of relevant objectives and targets.
- provide adequate resources, including the maintenance of working groups, to enable environmental objectives to be developed and delivered.
- take appropriate steps to prevent pollution, minimize our negative impact on the environment, and conserve natural resources.
- introduce appropriate forms of instruction, information, training and supervision to enable employees to assist us in meeting our objectives.
- work with internal and external stakeholders to develop mutual solutions to improve environmental performance, where appropriate.
- introduce suitable arrangements to allow for communication and discussion on environmental matters, including public reporting of our environmental performance.
- undertake an annual review of our objectives, targets and performance and, where necessary, update this policy and any relevant procedures.
Employees at all levels must recognize that they have an important part to play in the success of this policy by:
- complying with all DTZ Sweden environmental procedures and guidelines.
- taking all reasonable care to prevent harm to the environment.
- ensuring that all environmental incidents are promptly reported.
Improved environmental performance can be achieved only if suppliers adopt similar policies. Where appropriate, DTZ Sweden will expect its suppliers to:
- develop and implement an effective environmental policy.
- comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- comply with DTZ Sweden and/or local site rules or conditions.
- take reasonable steps to prevent environmental damage and conserve resources in their activities.
- ensure that all of their plants and equipment are properly maintained without risks to the environment.
- cooperate fully with the nominated DTZ Sweden representative, including the prompt reporting of all environmental incidents.
- strive for continual improvement in their own performance on the area of environmental management. http://dtz.se/om-oss/corporate-social-responsibility